Part 1 of My Ultimate Shelfie
Below are some of my *MUST HAVES*
These are not products that sit in my bathroom for a year and get used just sometimes. These are the products that I cannot live without. I use them regularly, if not daily!
Being a makeup artist and spray tanner, finding the best products out there whether its skin care, makeup, or fragrance is important to me. I can't think of a product that I haven't tried, and because of that you would think I have a zillion in my bathroom cabinets- but I do not. I find what works, and that's what I keep in my home. Especially with skin care, you don't want to be tempted to switch up your routine too frequently! I will break down why these products are such an important part of my regimen.
1. CK Perfect Skin, @ckperfectskin. On my shelf I have Clean, Fresh Pads, and Renew. These 3 products are the basis of my skin care routine. About 5 years ago I started experiencing really bad breakouts, my skin was bumpy, and looked almost like braille. Adult acne is real, and I was totally miserable. The founder of CK Perfect Skin, Christie, has a dermatology practice in Beverly Hills. I knew her prior because she had been my spray tan client for years (Thank you God). I went in to see if there was anything I could do to help my situation, and she had me start by switching over to these 3 products and these 3 products only. An all natural facial cleanser that I use with my finger tips! Not a wash cloth. Pads that are formulated to reduce acne that you gently swipe over your face once its clean, and a renewal serum. This is my favorite. Its almost like a light peel without feeling like your face is falling off. I noticed my skin texture and the discoloration change almost right away, and I only use this once or twice per week! These 3 magical products that Christie has created solved all my problems within 3 weeks. Well, my face problems.
2. Mario Badescu Facial Spray, @mariobadescu. This spray is so simple, yet so effective. It is the perfect start to my day, pre AND post makeup! I used to use their Aloe/Herbs/Rosewater combo, which is a cult favorite, but recently made the switch to the Aloe/Cucumber/Green Tea formula. Its very soothing but also invigorates dull and tired skin. I keep the travel size in my purse for a pick-me-up. (and its only 7 bucks)
3. La Roche Posay Anthelios AOX Daily SPF 50, @larocheposayusa. Up until last year I felt like I was on a never ending hunt for an amazing facial SPF. By amazing I mean one that didn't make me look like a grease ball, or clog my pores, didn't turn my face opaque white, and sat well under makeup. OH- and actually shielded the sun! This came to me in sample form from an Ulta purchase. I gave it a try one day at the beach, and bought the full size right when I got home. I don't mess around. Its packed with antioxidants and helps visibly improve the appearance of fine lines, dark spots, and skin texture. Double whammy.
4. Ole Henricksen Pore Balance Facial Sauna Scrub, @olehenriksen. This is one of my favorite facial exfoliants ever. I like to exfoliate with little teenie tiny granules, rather than big hunks (like coffee grounds or sugar) In this case, the little granules are volcanic sand. This gets deep into your pores, clearing them out and absorbing all excess oil. Which for my Italian AF skin, is wonderful. I use this at least once a week. The best part is that it has a warming effect, so when you are rubbing it into your skin there is literally a hot sensation going on. It's too good. (The other exfoliant I use is Sand Your Ground by @FarmHouseFresh not pictured).
5. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, @peterthomasrothofficial. I gave up moisturizer about 5 years ago in the quest to heal my skin. *Gasp* It worked for me. I really only use moisturizer when I absolutely have to. Like when I visit my in-laws in Colorado. Holy DRY. I am pretty picky with my lotions, because I have easily clogable (< a word?) skin. I had been searching for something really light weight. I would always tell associates at the beauty store that I was looking for the "runniest lotion", ha! Then along came my dream cream, it's exactly what I was looking for. It is made for ALL skin types, and the hydration lasts up to 72 hours. The hyaluronic acid in it makes your skin feel supple, full and smooth. I highly recommend!
6. Aesop Redemption Body Scrub, @aesopskincare. You know this is a body scrub that I have raved about before if you follow me on IG. I cant get enough of it. I use the bamboo stem/sage leaf/pine needle scent, it reminds me of Cape Cod which is where I spent summers growing up. So not only does it slough off my dead skin, its nostalgic! I use this before my spray tans or if I am just feeling like I need to rejuvenate my skin. I prefer this scrub because it is made with finely milled pumice. The pumice is so small it exfoliates you without being too harsh on your skin. It also lathers into a soap, so you feel extra clean and polished!
I hope that you gained some insight from my experience with these products. If you end up trying any of them or have already, I would love to hear your take away!
I am going to post the rest of this blog on Monday 4/9 because I am not trying to take up your entire day and my eyeballs hurt.